Jun 2, 2009

Midnight Sun, J.S. Buckingham and Nadine Laman

Going through some book blogs, I came across this one, that had a post about Midnight Sun.
<-- This is the pic I found. I have no idea who made it, or where it came from, but I think it's a really good representation of the book (from the partial draft I read). To me it signifies the caving to the temptation- Edward's, that is. It's like Bella was his forbidden fruit, but as hard as he tried to stay away from her for her own good, he just couldn't do it, and finally cave in. He "tasted" the fruit. But that's just what I see in this picture. What do you think about it? I've also found that "supposedly", the book release is set for 2010. I'm not so sure about this. SM wrote on her website that she'd get back to writing it if/when she felt that everyone wasn't pushing her to finish it. And I think she's right. Why should she finish it, just because her so-called fans are threatening her to do so? She should be left alone to finish it, without all the pressure from the public. If you really are her fan, then you should take a step back and think about what you're going to say/do about/to her, before it's too late.
Patience is a virtue.

Stephenie I love you no matter what. Damned the one who leaked your partial draft of this amazing book! I can't wait to see the day when this book hits the stores.

And I don't know about you, but I'm more interested in what Edward has to say than Bella. Don't get me wrong, I do love her, it's just that, like SM said "There is so much more to his side of the story than there is to Bella's in that first chapter. After all, Bella only knows that an incredibly gorgeous boy is looking at her funny. Meanwhile, Edward is suffering through one of the most momentous days of his very long life!" stepheniemeyer.com

********

On another note, I recently became a member of Book Blogs, a community for us book bloggers out there. (If you still haven't checked it out, shame on you!).
Anyway, one day I saw that I had a new comment on my page, from a guy named J.S. Buckingham. We got to talking, and I found out that he was a published writer -he's the author of "The View From A One-Man World".
He was kind enough to send my a PDF file of his book, which I started reading as soon as I downloaded it onto my computer.
I've read the first 30 pages (of a 90-page book), and so far so good. I'm really liking his sarcastic style, and I'm not just saying this cause it's probable that he'll read this.

Visit his website here.

Be on the look out for a review of his book!

*****************

Last week, I started my very First Giveaway! One of the ways to get an extra entry was to become a follower of my blog. So, I realized that I'd gone from having a few followers to having 11. One of them was Nadine Laman, and she caught my attention because she hadn't entered my giveaway. So what was she doing here? Did she become a follower because she liked my blog?
I followed the link to her blog, and learned there that she was an author as well as J.S. The thing that surprised me most, was the fact that she told everyone she's dyslexic (google it if you don't know what that is). It amazed me that someone with this kind of disability was able to write books. So, I immediately went to her website, and there, found the excerpts from her three books -Kathryn's Beach, High Tide and Storm Surge. Let me tell you that they caught me. Just that little piece of writing made want to know more.
So, at the website's homepage, I found a button that said:
TRY BEFORE YOU BUY!
FREE paperback sample booklet of the first two chapters of Kathryn's Beach. No shipping fees. Totally 100% FREE! Includes a discount code for your next purchase. That's a good deal!


And of course, I set out to find out if I could have one of this sample books (living in Argentina is great most of the time, but not in times like these). Nadine contacted me almost instantly, and said that I could have the first book of her trilogy. This made me jump up and down on my seat!
Of course, I've promised her I would pay when my financial status isn't so daunting.

So, if everything goes well, I should be getting the book next week, or the one after.

When I'm done reading it, I'll post a review, and Nadine has kindly accepted to grant me an interview! Yay! She'll be my first :)

What have you been up to this weekend?

xoxo,

3 monkey thought (s):

Nadine Laman said...

Hello Elle,

I'd be glad to enter your contest, if you'd like. I joined your blog because I liked your posts.

All through school I was called 'stupid' and 'lazy'- which is very discouraging to a kid. I came out about having dyslexia to encourage others to follow their dreams and not listen to people who think they are unable.

For years (and maybe still) I hid it well. I'm lucky to have several friends and a wonderful web designer who proof stuff for me. So with a little help from our friends, anything is possible.

Thank you for the mention. Keep in touch.

Nadine

Kristi @ Mi Vida Ocupada said...

I have a new Photo Hunt posted on my blog for the month of June! Check it out if you're interested! http://www.sweetsauer.com/kristis_bliggitty_blog/2009/06/sweetsauer-photo-hunt-2-details-signup.html

bookjourney said...

You think Stephanie Meyer felt pushed.... imagine what JK Rowling felt like.... :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog design and content by Ella Press, using elements by EMI