Nov 7, 2009

NaNo Update #1, + Cover and Excerpt from my NaNo novel

So, 7 days after having started writing,
I have a word cound of
8,017 words.
According to my Nano Stats widget, I should be having a word count of 10,000 words.
But seeing that I couldn't write neither yesterday, nor the day before, not because of laziness,
but because of school (grrr!), I'm well on my track.
I just set myself a goal to write 2,000 words (or more, if possible) today.
We'll see how that goes.

Also, I was on the Procrastination Station 2 days ago, and read something in the Forums that caught my attention.
Some people are actually making mock book trailers for their NaNo novels!
And I thought, what a great idea!
I should make one for my NaNo too!
So, right now I'm on campaign to get everything I need to make a cool trailer.
I'll let you know how it goes.

I'm pretty confident with the way my novel's coming along.
Which is why I'll share an excerpt with you today.
I hope you'll leave a comment, telling me what you thought of it.
You don't have to love it, or even like it,
just tell me something about it.
:)

They’re after me. Even without looking over my shoulder, I know they are. I’m running over a stone path. I’m being chased, and I’m running as fast as I can. But they’re close, too close. I turn around now, and I see them, coming toward me. They’re getting closer, and they’re stronger than me. I try not to look back, not to scream, but I fail to do both. The blue girl and the tatooed man are after me, a wicked smile covering their faces. And the house beyond them stays still, but not oblivious. They laugh at the hollow yell that escapes my throat, but keep on coming.
I look in front of me, searching for what he told me to search. I have to keep on running, have to leave all of this behind me. But how could I? How could I ever leave him?
I wasn’t leaving this house forever, I knew that much. I’d have to come back for him soon.
My legs hurt, I can barely run anymore. Come on, you can do it.
I hear the highway. I’m almost there. I have to get there fast, before they catch me. But, where are they? Why haven’t they caught me by now? I’m afraid to look. But I still turn my head around, only to see that they’re gone. Not for long, I think. They wouldn’t let their ‘treasure’ escape so easily. They’re out here somewhere.
I see lights, coming from the highway. I’m reaching it, I’m there, I’m standing in the middle of it-
Buzz, buzz.
The alarm goes off. I wake up.


Here's my self made cover!
What do you think?
I went from "Dreamer", to "Darkest Dreams", and ended up with "Darkest Nights"!
ps: my friend Diane from The Book Resort posted her excerpt on her blog too!
Go check it out!

4 monkey thought (s):

Peter said...

I had been writing but have totally missed out on it this week because of going places, I really must catch up. I officially started in September and I'm only up to 10 000, you're doing great!

Astrid said...

I am very impressed with your writing. Your cover art looks fantastic too. Well done, am looking forward to the end product.

The Book Resort said...

I am so proud of you! Go, Ella! I love the cover. Love the title.

You are terrific!

The Book Resort said...

Thank you for posting my lil' excerpt. xoxoxo

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog design and content by Ella Press, using elements by EMI