Jul 1, 2009

Happy B-Day Hilarie! (and my fav book, Dandelion Wine)

A day like today, in 1982, the lovely Hilarie Burton was born.
From my little corner of the world,
I send you a
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
And may you find what you're looking for at the end of the road.

******
I dunno if I had ever told you, but I have a book that I love very much.
It's not my favourite book of
all times, cause I still have a lot of books to read,
but it's my favourite so far.
And today I found out that it's Hil's fav book too!
That book is
Dandelion Wine, by Ray Bradbury.
(if you've been following me for a while you know I
heart RB)

This is a vlog where Hil shares a bit of the book with us.
Her expresions are perfect, she makes a wonderful Tom and Doug
(Tom is my fav character, by the way).



This is one of my favourite passages of the book,
but since my book is in Spanish, I'm translating here.
Hope I don't mess it up.

"A day like today," whispered Douglas, "I feel like I'm gonna be... alone."
"If you need help," said Tom, "just scream."
"What could a ten-year-old brother do?"
"A ten-year-old brother will be eleven next year. I will unravel the world like the band of a golf ball every morning, and put it back every night. I'll show you how, if you want to."
"You're crazy."
"Always have been," Tom crossed his eyes and pulled out his tongue, "always will be."

Hope you liked it!
If you haven't read Dandelion Wine, please do!
You'll love it ;o)

xo,

3 monkey thought (s):

Sheila DeChantal said...

This sounds good Ella! Nice job! :)

The Book Resort said...

Happy Birthday, Hilarie!

The Book Resort said...

Love Hil... Sophia, too. lol.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog design and content by Ella Press, using elements by EMI