May 24, 2009

Sunday Edition #1

*Thanks to I Heart Monster for introducing me to this new book, Give up the Ghost by Megan Crewe. Check out an excerpt from Chapter One here.

*I thought this chapter was: ;) GREAT!

*Storyline: (from Megan's website)
Cass McKenna much prefers the company of ghosts over "breathers." Ghosts are uncomplicated and dependable, and they know the dirt on everybody... and Cass loves dirt. She's on a mission to expose the dirty secrets of the poseurs in her school.
But when the vice president of the student council discovers her secret, Cass's whole scheme hangs in the balance. Tim wants her to help him contact his recently deceased mother, and Cass reluctantly agrees.

As Cass becomes increasingly entwined in Tim's life, she's surprised to realize he's not so bad--and he needs help more desperately than anyone else suspects. Maybe it's time to give the living another chance...

*Release date for this book's set for September 15th.
Preorder this book on Amazon.

*******

*Things are getting quite hectic for our SGP friends (if you haven't checked out their blog yet, follow this link). They keep up updated on their journey to create the coolest film production company the world has ever seen (and I'm not just saying). One Tree Hill's actress, Hilarie Burton; writer, Nick Gray; and producer Kelly Tenney, make us feel that we're part of their crew. SGP's Street Team (of which I'm a proud member) is a place where we share thoughts on how the Crew's doing, and with the upcoming website (that is supposedly going to be up this Wednesday!), we get the chance to put our little grain of sand by helping mighty Ali, help the Crew with some details for the new site. It makes me feel (and I think it's not just me) that they really want to know what their fans are saying. They are really down to earth people, and I just can't help to laugh out loud with their awesome vlogs!
So, to them, and all of those that are on this now getting-larger-little-engine-that-could, I say BRAVO!

p.s.: check out this cool video that KT shared with us yesterday, it's really nice, and like he said "it made me think of all our friends around the world helping SGP... Take 5 minutes and listen."

*******
Reading Challenges
*I've oficially given up on
Hamlet. I just can't concentrate while reading it! I thought this book was :( COMPLETELY BORING!

*****

Random Section
Give Up the Ghost Character Quiz

You're most like Cass!

*Cass McKenna has had it pretty tough--first her best friend turned the whole school against her, then she started seeing ghosts everywhere she looked. It's no wonder she's isolated herself from everyone but the dead. But Cass has a strong sense of morality, stubbornness to spare, and plenty of compassion for those who deserve it. When the popular kids are taking advantage of their more clueless peers, Cass isn't afraid to fight back.

Right on! Now you take this quiz.

********

*I have oficially started writing my new story, and I'm loving how it's turning out! So, I thought I'd share a bit about it with you all.

It tells the story of Alma, young/old woman/lady (she doesn't quite know), after having been kicked out of Heaven (now, I'm not a believer, no offence to those who are, but the story line just came to me and I had to make the most of it, so I decided I wasn't going to change it) for stealing innocent people's souls. She's just a carefree (person?) who "took" the souls of those whom she thought didn't deserve to live. For instance, an unfaithful husband who cheeted on his wife. She took his soul, but without permission from her boss, who constantly told her "it wasn't (his) time to go".

And that's it for today, I don't want to ruin it!

*************

p.s.: I'm still waiting for Elise's copy of "The Pillowman" to arrive, I'll write a review as soon as I finish it.

Have a great Sunday night everyone!

greetings from the dark road,


1 monkey thought (s):

Unknown said...

Yay :o) I'm glad you liked the post!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog design and content by Ella Press, using elements by EMI