Dec 23, 2010

What I'm reading for the holidays

If you're still here, thank you! I know I've been neglecting the blog, but I just can't finish the books I'm reading because of time issues. And I'm also organising something for the Deliriously Falling blog! You won't want to miss it!

But enough with the excuses! For these holidays, I'm reading:

1. Unearthly, by Cynthia Hand.
About a girl who's half angel and trying to figure out her purpose on Earth.*

2. Lost Voices, by Sarah Porter. 
About a lost girl who seeks refuge among the mermaids, only to discover that they're not as nice as they seem to be.*

3. Never Let Me Go, by Kazuo Ishiguro. (To be finished, I'm listening to the AB, really good!)
About kids who grow up in a boarding house in England, and who are told that they're special. As they become older, they find out just how special they are and for what purpose they were created.

4. Wintergirls, by Laurie Halse Anderson. (To be finished.)
About a girl with eating disorders who's haunted by her best friend's ghost.

These are the ones I'm planning to read for now. But of course, I might read more. I'll be listening to ABs too. I wanna listen to the Vampire Academy ones and see why everyone loves them so much. I've only read the first.
What are you guys reading/are going to read? Did you ask for books to Santa?

I'll see you after the holidays!
Ella

*Books I'll be reading for the 2011 Debut Author Challenge.

1 monkey thought (s):

Miss Page-Turner said...

Very good choices! I really enjoyed Unearthly and got Never Let Me Go on my wishlist. Enjoy them all and have a fantastic Christmas:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog design and content by Ella Press, using elements by EMI