Jan 29, 2010

Welcome To The Clock Monkey's Aussie Month!

First of all, I have to thank Hazel Edwards and Ryan Kennedy. It's because of them that I was able to put together this month, to feature these amazing authors, books and bloggers.

When I got Hazel's email, I had to double check, to see if it was really addressed to me, maybe she'd gotten a wrong address... I'd contacted her, but I wasn't expecting her to reply so soon. But when I realised that she had emailed me, I was thrilled. Thrilled because they (Hazel and Ryan) were willing to do an interview for my blog. My blog! I've been blogging for almost a year, but I still don't have as many readers/followers as some other blogs that are newer than mine.

So, we had the interview via email. And when it was finished, I posted it here. And I'll be posting it again this month. It's a really good one, about how to write between 2 people.

And then, I started getting more emails from other Aussie authors. They were all willing to do an interview. So, that's when I came up with the Aussie Month. I figured it'd be cool to feature them all in a special time.

I also asked some bloggers if they'd be up for it. And they said yes!

It's very nice to learn new things about other countries. And I think it's of the utmost importance to acknowledge those authors that are just as big as some US authors, but that don't get that much press outside their country.

Therefore, this month is to do just that, learn new things about this really cool county that is Australia.

If any of you, AU Authors, would like to have me over, for a few weeks... I'd love to go :) (but 1st, I'd have to get the money to do it).

1 monkey thought (s):

Shweta said...

This is a really cool project . I wish you all the best. Hope you showcase many authors so that I can add more books to my wish list :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog design and content by Ella Press, using elements by EMI