Sep 8, 2009

Ballad/ Shiver Contest

This is a teaser from Maggie Stiefvater's BALLAD, a novel involving homicidal faeries and kissing that's coming out October 1st.

He turned towards me. For a long moment, he stood facing me. I was held, anchored to the ground – not by his music, which still called and pushed against the music already in my head and said grow rise follow – but by his strangeness. By his fingers, spread over the ground, holding something into the earth, by his shoulders, squared in a way that spoke of strength and unknowability, and most of all, by the great, thorny antlers that grew from his head, spanning the sky like branches.

Then he was gone, and I missed his going in the instant that the sun fell off the edge of the hill, abandoning the world to twilight.
Buy it here. Enter the contest at Maggie's blog here.

Maggie Stiefvater is holding a Ballad Contest every Tuesday until October 1st, Ballad's release day.

Here are the prizes:

1) A signed Shiver audio book.
2) Another signed Shiver audio book.
3) A CD of my Homicidal Faerie Mix -- the music I played while writing Ballad. - Maggie Stiefvater

The contest ends next Thursday, the 17th.

5 monkey thought (s):

Unknown said...

Wow, love Maggie's cover.
Thank you for sharing,
all the best,
@RKCharron
xoxo

Tales of Whimsy said...

I'm desperate to win Ballad. Thanks for the heads up.

Gina said...

Thanks for sharing! I've been meaning to read Shiver and the new one sounds interesting as well!

Gina

KR said...

The cover is great! Thanks for the giveaway.

mj.coward[at]gmail.com

ParaJunkee said...

Thanks for sharing. Great blog, I'm gonna follow. ParaJunkee

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog design and content by Ella Press, using elements by EMI