Apr 4, 2010

No IMM, but lots of books to read.

Oh my, what am I going to do when I start uni in less than 2 weeks?
I'll die, that's what I'll do. I have so much to read and write, and review, and revise...

I'm currently reading:

Before I Fall, by Lauren Oliver. Getting better and better, and I can definitely see it turning into the OMG novel everyone's been talking about.

The Betrayal of Natalie Hargrove, by Lauren Kate. Fun, quick and although I hate Nat, I love learning more about her. This is one of those characters that I just love to hate.

Up next:

Every Little Thing in the World, by Nina de Gramont. Good girl, bad move, worse result. After having "borrowed" a car, and getting caught, Sydney gets sent to camp, but instead of reforming, she gets pregnant. And now she must decide what to do. Sounds good.





Eclipse, by Stephenie Meyer. Re-read before the movie premiere. Although the movie is released in November here in Arg, The Danger Magnet is holding a Book Discussion, and I thought it'd be fun to join. Of course, I won't be reading anything about the film when it comes out in the north, so as not to get rained down by spoilers. I can already see it: screaming girls tweeting from the inside of the cinemas, the internet crashing down from overpopulation, every single person in FB, Twitter, and any other known network saying: "OMG, this just happnd! :D" Um, thank you, but I'd like to see the film like any other human being: getting shocked by this that just happnd for the first time while actually watching it, rather than remembering what you tweeted about.

And while we're on the Twilight subject, why not read some fan fics? I hear some are really good, and since SM's not saying anything about finishing Midnight Sun any time soon... (come on Stephenie! Forget about the idiot who uploaded your partial MS, we're still buying your book!)

The Unaccompanied Soul by JMCullen09
"An old, dilapidated hospital residing in the outskirts of Forks, WA, sits untouched, yet it's the focus of many tales, including one of a young man who resides there. He's believed to be either ghost or murderer. But it's all just tales, right?"

Breaking Bella by sixeightshuffle
"Edward Cullen needs to pass Statistics. Bella Swan is his tutor. She thinks he's a flighty, arrogant albeit sexy asshole, and he thinks she's Bipolar, but tries to win her over, anyway. Can he change her mind, or do first impressions really last?" (AH, AU)

Thanks to Ang for recommending these.*

That is all for now, I'll come back when I have BIF finished and a review is written.

*Ang's blog's header cracks me up. It's composed of pics of RPattz, and there's one of him with a bob. LOL. I still love you, Rob. Looking forward to seeing Remember Me next week. I was surprised when I found out that the Spanish title is the same than the English one (Recuérdame in Spanish). Sometimes they just translate it into whatever they want except of what it's really called.

2 monkey thought (s):

Nina said...

I can't wait to read your review for 'Before I fall'. There is such a big hype for that book! :)

Maria said...

Nice books :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog design and content by Ella Press, using elements by EMI