Jul 26, 2010

Fan Fiction Review: Draco Dormiens (Draco Trilogy, #1), by Cassandra Claire

Release Date: 2000
Age Group: Young Adult
Pages: 207
Overall: 5 Monkeys
Source: Wikipedia
Interest: Series, HP Fan Fiction

Summary:


When an accident in Potions class turns Harry into Draco and Draco into Harry, each is trapped playing the part of the other. Romance, mistaken identities, really Cunning Plans, evil bake sales, a love triangle, and snogs galore. 
A must-read to all Harry Potter fans.
My Opinion:

I love reading Fan Fiction, and was looking for a good Harry Potter one, and came across this one. Everyone called it "THE Harry Potter Fan Fiction". And they were right.
It was like reading something J. K. Rowling had written herself!

I know that name must sound familiar to you all, and that's probably because you've seen it written differently. Cassandra Claire is the pseudonym Cassandra Clare, author of the Mortal Instruments trilogy, used to publish Fan Fiction back in the day.

The story revolvs around Harry and Draco, which are stuck in each other's bodies as a result of a Polyjuice Spell gone wrong. They have to play the role of the other, so as not to raise suspicion.

Like this, they both get to see what it's like to be the other. Draco, who's always envied Harry thinking his life was great, whereas his was not, finds that this is not the case.
Harry, who's always hated Draco, and thought he was the most evil of students at Hogwarts, discovers that Draco actually has a heart.

This piece of Fan Fiction is written in novel-length, at 207 pages. A warning: It includes the Harry/Hermione pairing, and while I'm a big Harry/Ginny - Hermione/Ron fan, I have to say, this is so well written, that I love this couple way too much!

It also plays with the Draco/Hermione pairing, and we all know that this isn't too far off from the actual books.

One thing that makes this so amazing, and loved in the HP fandom, is, I think, the completely accurate characterisation of J. K. Rowling's characters. Yes, the pairings are changed but, the characters remain the same. Draco is still too full of himself, Harry pushes everyone whom he loves away in fear they might end up dead, Hermione is the brightest young witch of them all, and Ron... he's Ron. Only, he isn't in love with Hermione.

The ending of Draco Dormiens leaves you wanting to read the sequel right away! (Too bad it is way too long!)

---------------

Before the release of her first book, City of Bones, "Claire" began taking down her Draco Trilogy Fan Fiction from the online archives. Of course, something this big can't ever completely disappear, and can still be found if you know where to look. I've found that you can download them from the Cassandra Clare Wiki page, under the Bibliography section. Just click on that link and you'll be taken there. I've downloaded them from someplace else too, to see if they were the same archives, and can guarantee you that they are.   NOT ANYMORE! 

If you want to read them and have trouble downloading them from the Wiki page, you can always contact me, and I'll email them to you, just look for my email address on the right sidebar, under the heading Contact Me. 

EDIT 13/09/13: A LOT of people have been contacting me about this series. Truth is, my links had been taken down once someone got wind of them. But no matter! I have the files saved and was able to upload them again. So, here and here and here.  

ENJOY! 

11 monkey thought (s):

Anonymous said...

It’s not hard to see why J K Rowling is so popular among the readers. She is a different kind of magician who knows how to infuse a soul into the story.

Kelsey said...

I've never heard of this book. I might have to check it out. Great review, Ella! (Oh, by the way. Concerning my last post I took your advice. Thanks, girl.)

Sarah said...

A friend of mine emailed me the entire series. I'm still on the first book but this is one of my favorite fan fictions! And I'm happy to see that other people are finding out about it. Thanks for the review! I think I'm going to start reading it again after this. :)

Paloma said...

I keep hearing about these amazing fanfics, but I can't find them anywhere! Could you send them to me or tell me where I can find them?

Sappho said...

Hi,

I'm having real trouble finding a downloadable copy of the Draco Trilogy and I would really love to convert it to Mobi so that I can read it on my phone - and give it to my Lady who is a big Draco fan! If you've still got a copy that you could email, I would love to receive it. My email is ladysappho at gmail dot com

Isabelle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Isabelle said...

Oh my god, I LOVE that series... I almost think it's better than Cassandra Clare's published books:)(Jace and Draco could practically be the same person, except in the Draco Trilogy you get to read more in his POV) Draco is so ironic and smart and sexy and well... everything a good hero needs really^^ So if anyone still wants to download it (and I really hope so:)) you can do it here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?gvxz9tth61w44

Unknown said...

So... I know this was written a few years ago, but I just ran across it and am hoping that you still have the copies of the books saved somewhere in your vast land of storage space :).

If you do, I would REALLY appreciate it if you could email it to me, a friend at work recommended it to me, but of course, with the Mortal Instruments selling so well, it is pretty much impossible to find online anymore.

Anyways, if you get this and don't mind emailing it, my email address is kategolemon@gmail.com :).

Thanks!

Alicia Keppler said...

Like Kate, i'm looking for the Draco Trilogy as well. Any chance you could email it to me? I'd be so grateful! Lckeppler@yahoo.com

TatiVm said...

I've been looking everywhere for this trilogy! Three download attempts later I found this review!! Please email the trilogy to me at Tah-tea93@hotmail.com you would make my week! LoL!!

Anonymous said...

I've been trying to find your email but i've been trying to find the draco trilogy and if you still had your copies I would be eternally gratefull! anderson.rae13 @ gmail.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog design and content by Ella Press, using elements by EMI